...A Weekly Digest of
Community-Generated Tools, Tips & Experiences for Accessing
JOY, HOPE, PEACE & LOVE...
Saturday was our second Joy Machine event of 2019 (click here to watch the video!) Thank you to everyone who came out to fuel it with your energy and love! I had such a good time!
📸 Abel Armas Photography
On top of being really fun and a great learning experience, it also gave me an opportunity to reconnect with the why that drives my desire to produce conscious events.
"WHY DO YOU CREATE EVENTS?"
📸 Janis Yue Photography
My friend Tonya Kay , a master creator of magical experiences, asked me this the other day.
“A lot of things:
1) I like creating experiences for people. There's something that feels powerful and fulfilling to create a journey that changes someone through it.
2) I like sharing tools I've learned with people because they've been effective in my life.
3) It feels really good when I'm in it. It's the most present and centered that I almost ever am. It's the place in my life I find flow and divinity.
4) I love the challenge of actualizing something that never existed from the potential into the material realm.
5) I love good collaborations with smart and creative people.
6) I like leading, it's in my nature, I feel most like myself when I'm leading creatively.
7) I feel that it's important right now to do this work. The world needs more conscious, intentional art.”
***THIS WEEK'S SPARKS***
🔥 BRAGGING ABOUT MY MOM
Can I talk about my badass mom for a second?
This is the two of us at the end of our first Burn together this last Summer. Without having been before, she immersed herself in the experience, volunteering as a nurse, seeing more art than I probably ever have at Burning Man, making friends, sharing supplies, and she’s already got her plans and gear together for this Summer.
She is an ever-evolving powerhouse creator, caregiver and big-hearted lover of people, and I’m so glad to get to expand and discover our relationship as time goes on. So lucky to have this woman be one of my guides, nurturers and crafters of life experience!
Love you Mom! Happy Birthday!!!
🔥 MY MOST SUCCESSFUL YOUTUBE COLLABORATION, NOW ON FACEBOOK:
5 years ago, my friend and fellow singer-songwriter Anthony Starble and I made the most successful video I’ve ever been a part of (nearly 40K organic views on Youtube with absolutely no promotion.) I remember this video was made after one of my first visits to The UK and it was made right after the release of Sam Smith "In The Lonely Hour" —Anthony and I were both so inspired by this album. Sam changed the way I wanted to sing with that album. I came back from that trip and pitched the song to Anthony. Loved those days of making YouTube duets together. Watch the video here.
🔥 10 POWERFUL TIPS FOR STAYING GROUNDED IN A BUSY WORLD
Daily OM shared a list of 10 ways to not get caught up in the hectic energy of our modern times. Read them here.
🔥 JOY MACHINE VIDEO & FORGIVE MYSELF TODAY VIDEO:
Watch the live stream of this past weekend's The Joy Machine above. And if you haven't yet, check out our recent live video for "Forgive Myself Today" below!
WANT TO SUPPORT OUR CREATIONS?
CONSIDER BECOMING A PATRON!
If you're interested in learning more about my Patreon campaign, click here.
Thanks for reading this week's Spark! Hope you have a great week!