Ben's Weekly Spark 3.13.19: Envisioning Our Zero-Emission Future, 3 Books for Self-Realization &
...A Weekly Digest of
Community-Generated Tools, Tips & Experiences for Accessing
JOY, HOPE, PEACE & LOVE...
THANK YOU to everyone who came to the special restorative Royal Heart Tribe Experience on Sunday! I really loved getting quiet and slowing down with you all in candlelight, with live acoustic music (thanks Nick Perez!)
For those that weren't able to attend, at the end of the session I explained that part of the reason that I think the work we do together in our sessions is so important is that I view this work as one of the most powerful contributions we can make to World Peace. I think taking responsibility for our own inner peace and wellness is a critical part of creating World Peace.
1) In learning how to heal, train and care for our minds, bodies, hearts and spirits, we start to slowly eliminate much of the mania, disease and dysfunction that leads to the conflict, violence and harm we enact against ourselves and others.
2) By educating ourselves and transforming our own lives, we can begin to inspire and possibly teach others to do the same. This creates a ripple effect of wellness and healing that begins to spread to whole families, friend-groups, communities, cities, states, countries, the world.
3) Humans with tools for addressing, and awareness of, their own trauma and triggers make different, more loving and compassionate choices when interacting and being in relationship with one another. As our choices begin to be made from a centered place of love, rather than a chaotic place of fear, we will see less war, less poverty, less hunger, less oppression and less overall harm against all beings.
ENVISIONING OUR ZERO-EMISSION FUTURE
That's part of my vision for World Peace.
I share that with you because I think that it's important for all of us to spend time envisioning:
1) How World Peace will happen.
2) How we can contribute to it.
And so, the first article shared today is a great thought exercise from NPR about how by 2050 we reduced our emissions to zero (which to me is an important part of World Peace...)
***THIS WEEK'S SPARKS***
🔥 NPR'S EXERCISE IN IMAGINING A HOPEFUL FUTURE
Some of the many ideas include more personal resource sharing, better batteries, wind and solar, and mass meat replacement. Click here to read.
🔥 3 BOOKS FOR SELF-REALIZATION
Three different books that have been pivotal to my spiritual evolution have resurfaced in my life recently through friends or media, and I wanted to share them with you all:
The Untethered Soul taught me a lot about the nature of the soul, the ego and the mind, and was recently shared by my friend Adrienne in our patron's private Facebook group. It's beautifully written, and I highly recommend it!
Oprah and teacher Eckhart Tolle have been discussing A New Earth in Oprah's Super Soul Conversations podcasts recently, and I loved this book because it made me hopeful for a positive future in a way I never had.
I am just starting to read this book about mediation, but I was lucky to attend the book launch here in LA, and was inspired by the author, Emily Fletcher, whose intention is to make meditation a regular and integrated part of our culture. I'm about a chapter in and liking it so far!
🔥 WRITING YOUR INSTRUCTION MANUAL FOR LIVING
Daily Om offered this article on enjoying the journey of self-realization and the insights gained through the process, stating that "learning to understand yourself and your world is an ongoing and active process where the journey is more important than the destination. Every lesson is intended so you can become more of who you are," and it suggests writing "down in order some of the significant events that have happened to you" and "take note of what you learned from each one."
WANT TO SUPPORT OUR CREATIONS?
CONSIDER BECOMING A PATRON!
If you're interested in learning more about my Patreon campaign, click here.
This month's The Joy Machine
is at a private space,
and has some awesome special guests!
Advanced tickets $15
Door tickets $20
Only 50 tickets available, as space is limited!
Live, energetic music.
Inspiring originals. Electric covers.
Thanks for reading this week's Spark! Hope you have a great week!